Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /homepages/46/d92458070/htdocs/Forums/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Prevent flameup while grilling but still have a full grill to cook on.
  • Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Calendar
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1   Go Down
Author Topic: Prevent flameup while grilling but still have a full grill to cook on.  (Read 5609 times)
kilkenny
« on: March 28, 2009, 10:07:12 PM »

This is something I tried tonight while cooking bbq burgers and hotdogs on my grill. I have never heard of it before and just thought it up and thought I would share. Oh, and it actually worked out great!

When cooking hamburgers or chicken directly above a fire you get flame up when the grease drops down on the fire. I know a lot of people including myself will put down aluminum foil on top of the grill grates to keep the grease from dropping down, but you have to be careful when doing so that you do not puncture a hole in the foil and then, you guessed it, the grease drips down and flames up.

What I tried tonight was to wrap heavy duty aluminum foil on the bottom of my grill grates and then placing them in the grill. I still get full use of my grill and do not have to worry about puncturing holes in my foil, but get the benefit of the foil underneath the grate preventing the grease from dropping down onto the direct flame and causing flame up. The cooking time did not seem to be affected.

I am currently using the Char-Griller Duo grill as shown in the picture. However I also have a firebox on the right side of the grill that is not shown in this picture. I have my charcoal side all prepped and ready to cook an 18.92 lb. brisket in the morning. Of course I will be using my sauce posted in the forums here. CLICK HERE for the best brisket bbq sauce recipe.

I will let you know how it comes out in a few days after I am able to sit up and type again from being stuffed!

Enjoy
Gonzo
« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 10:10:49 PM by kilkenny » Logged

johnlewis912

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 12:16:48 PM »

I read all your post and have seen the websites and the grill its nice.... Thanks for the great information you shared with us... but still i didn't get that why we prevent flame up while grilling?? my question is still there...

Monogram jewelry
is very popular because of its affordable prices... Smiley

kilkenny
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2012, 07:39:00 PM »

What I was referring to is with a grill that has removable grates. Instead of putting the aluminum foil on top of the grate and cooking your food where it does not get the grill marks and sticks to the foil etc. You wrap the foil underneath the grate. So you get the grill marks, the food does not stick to the foil and less chance of popping holes in the foil that will cause a flare-up.

Pages: 1   Go Up
Print
Jump to: