Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /homepages/46/d92458070/htdocs/Forums/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Ted Nugent pleads no contest to deer baiting in Calif.
  • Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Calendar
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1   Go Down
Author Topic: Ted Nugent pleads no contest to deer baiting in Calif.  (Read 4469 times)
kilkenny
« on: August 18, 2010, 04:29:10 PM »

I hope this was a mistake on the part of Ted's staff and not an intentional disregard for the hunting laws in that state.

August 18, 2010
Ted Nugent pleads no contest to deer baiting in Calif.

MARYSVILLE, Calif. (AP) -- Rocker and celebrity hunter Ted Nugent will have to pay a $1,750 fine after pleading no contest in California to baiting a deer and not having a properly signed hunting tag.

California Department of Fish and Game spokesman Patrick Foy says game wardens saw Nugent kill an immature buck on a February episode of his Outdoor Channel TV show "Spirit of the Wild."

Investigators found that the deer had been eating bait called "C'mere Deer." Baiting wildlife is illegal in California.

Nugent, who lives near Waco, Texas, had originally faced 11 charges, including killing a deer too young to be hunted. In a deal with Yuba County prosecutors, Nugent's attorney on Friday entered no contest pleas to the two misdemeanors.

Nugent did not appear in court. A spokeswoman for the musician did not immediately return messages late Tuesday.

Posted by Laura at August 18, 2010 02:59 PM  from http://blogs.chron.com/celebritybuzz/2010/08/ted_nugent_pleads_no_contest_t.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+houstonchronicle%2Fcelebritybuzz+%28Celebrity+Buzz%29
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 04:34:48 PM by kilkenny » Logged

kilkenny
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 05:20:19 PM »

***UPDATE***

This if the response from Ted Nugent concerning this incident and post on his site at TedNugent.com:

To my Fellow Outdoorsmen.... You may have read the news that I pled no contest to two misdemeanor game violations. I should have been better informed, more aware and I take full responsibility. The honorable hunting lifestyle is my deepest passion.

Ted Nugent

I commend Ted for taking responsibility and I am sure he will do everything in the future to make sure he is a role model for all the sportsman and the kids he works with to understand that following the law of where you are hunting is the responsibility of every hunter.

Kilkenny

Tboxfish

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2011, 11:29:42 AM »

I STILL SAY "TED FOR PRESIDENT", BET IT DOSEN'T TAKE HIM 2 YEARS TO PRODUCE A BIRTH CERTIFICATE! And it wouldn't be a questionable document that gets swept under the rug after a brief showing. Yeah, you got it right - I not a Obama fan.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 11:34:45 AM by Tboxfish » Logged

Todd Box

"You're closer to the Outdoors than you think"

BuckDude42
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2011, 09:51:36 PM »

I believe Uncle Ted made a simple mistake and has owned up to it which I very much respect. This man has done so much for our community and hope he has a great season.

Pages: 1   Go Up
Print
Jump to: