Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /homepages/46/d92458070/htdocs/Forums/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
9 Pointer
  • Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Calendar
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1   Go Down
Author Topic: 9 Pointer  (Read 3679 times)
kilkenny
« on: November 29, 2011, 06:48:37 PM »

My nephew Matt shot this 9 pointer last week. One of 4 bucks taken. It is a really nice buck. Good job Matt!! We are having a little contest here. I am attaching 2 pictures of the deer taken by game cams and 3 pictures of the deer while it is down. In addition to responding with comments, please respond with the following information for the contest:

Age of Deer:
Score:

Let's see who is best at determining the age of the deer and the overall score by the pictures!! Are you up for it?

We will post the actual age and score as well as the winner of the contest within a couple of weeks!

« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 06:51:06 PM by kilkenny » Logged

Green Arrow
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 02:17:02 PM »

On visual evaluation I have come up with a proximate B & C score of 129.4. On the left antler we have aboutd a extra 3 inch point. Can't count the point length but can count the main beam circonference here at approx. 3 ".  Buck is a beautiful animal and was in good health. My guess for age would be 4 1/2 to 5 1/2.   Congrats are in order  to Nephew Matt for a nice buck and by the look of the feeder a 200+ yard shot
I hope to get out there before season ends.

Gren arrow

kilkenny
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2011, 02:36:54 PM »

Thanks for participating in the contest Uncle Green Arrow. Hopefully we will have more entries before we release the final numbers. Matt told me it was a 300 yard shot. We really hope that you can get out there before the season ends as well, and we wish you well!!! Smiley

kilkenny
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2011, 07:01:18 PM »

OK. We have the final score in. The age of the deer is 4 1/2 years old. And the score is 120 3/4.

Pages: 1   Go Up
Print
Jump to: