Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /homepages/46/d92458070/htdocs/Forums/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Tournament to raise money for our soldiers!!!!!!(updated)
  • Home
  • Help
  • Search
  • Calendar
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1   Go Down
Author Topic: Tournament to raise money for our soldiers!!!!!!(updated)  (Read 2907 times)
Bhoman

« on: August 13, 2012, 12:09:02 PM »

Hey all, I am putting together this Charity tournament on September 15th for the Freedom Care Warriors Project that I have paired up with 4 months ago, if you know me and know what and who I care about this is it, taking care of our soldiers, raising money to give back to the Vets and soldiers. I earned a Purple Heart in Iraq and am now retired and this is one way I know how to give back. Freedom Care Warrior Project is a NON-PROFIT 501 (c) (3) and they love helping our Soldiers! Go to there website http://www.freedomcarewarriors.org[/url] to sign up and make a impact in a Soldiers life....

The weigh in is inside the Graham Texas Young County Arena for a drive through weigh in, I am currently looking Sponsors or donations for silent raffle Items.. Here is some quick info about the details of the tournament

Time to Kick some Bass! September 15th @ Lake Graham/Lake Eddleman! Open to the public. Weigh-in will be held at the Young County Arena with free admission for the public. There will be a 40'x40' catfish catch tank for the kids to fish as well as silent auction items. We will serve lunch to the public around 12:00pm September 15th before the weigh-in.

Vendors will be welcome to attend the event - $150 vendor space donation.
Sponsors will have to provide signage for the stage area. Signage not to exceed 3'x5' banners

We are in need of the following:
20 Podium Sponsors for the weigh in stage - $400
20 Catch Tank for Kids Sponsors - $200
Timeline
4:00 a.m. - 5:00 a.m. - Early Registration at Graham circle in front of courthouse
5:00 a.m. - Registration & check in
6:00 a.m. - First cast
2:00 p.m. - Last cast
2:45 p.m. - Weigh in at the Young County Arena
Trailering is allowed.
$150 entry fee per boat - payback is 80/20 (see chart below) - $10 big bass side pot with 100% payout.
50/50 raffel - 10 dollars a ticket. Will be giving away after weigh in.

Based on 60 Boats Payback will be

Open Tournament Payout
# Boats   1st    2nd    3rd    4th    5th   
60    $2610    $1765   $1270   $845    $565

Hope to see ya all there and God Bless....

Brent Homan

www.brenthoman.com

Dear Patriots,

Freedom Care Warrior Project is hosting a fishing tournament fundraiser in Graham.  Our goal is to have the largest fundraising fishing tournament in North Texas!  100% of the proceeds, minus the payouts to winners, will go to help Freedom Care Warrior Project rehabilitate veterans through outdoor activities such as hunting, fishing, fellowship, and patriots like you. 

There is a great opportunity to sponsor or donate to help raise money for a great cause.  The fishing will take place on Lake Graham/Eddleman and we will have 10 warriors attending that will be fishing with local anglers and professional anglers as well.  The vets will stay at the Warrior Ranch and attend all functions.  The veterans will be staying from Friday, September 14th and departing September 16th.  Fishing is a great way to relieve stress and take a break from Veterans Hospitals and help rehabilitate our soldiers.  

Another unique addition to the tournament is Young County Arena.  The boats will fish until approximately 2:00pmand arrive at the arena for a LIVE BROADCAST weigh in.  The arena and weigh in will be free for the public to attend.  We will have a podium where the fisherman can walk up, raise their fish, weigh their fish, and see where they stand on the leader board. 

There will also be a  ?Catch Tank? (40?x40?) full of hungry catfish for the kids to catch at no charge provided by ?Texas Junior Anglers?.

Awesome silent auction items from Pro Fisherman and their Sponsors will be available for bidding in the arena.

We are needing the following sponsor levels for the event:

Podium Sponsors
                $400 ? Includes Banner on Podium, Live radio announcements, Website Logo, booth space, and all marketing leading up to event
Catch Tank Sponsor
                $200 ? Banner on/around catch tank, website logo
Vendor Booth
                $150 ? Display your company at your booth inside the arena

You can send a check to:
Freedom Care Warrior Project
P.O. Box 957
Graham, Tx. 76450
                OR
Visit the website and press the ?Donation? button.

*** Please specify if it is a donation only, sponsorship level, or vendor in the ?Comments? section or on your check.
(Only ?Donations? of $250 or more will receive a ?Donor Receipt? from Freedom Care Warrior Project for tax purposes)

If you are a sponsor, vendor, donor, or volunteer you will be invited to our Kick Some Bass Tournament 2012 fish fry at the Warrior Ranch on September 14th at 6pm. 

Thank You!

Brent Homan Fishing
www.brenthoman.com

« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 06:51:13 PM by Bhoman » Logged

kilkenny
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 07:07:21 PM »

Brent,

Thanks for posting about this worthy cause. I hope people will respond and be proactive. I thank you for being involved. I am a med. retired army vet myself. Another non profit charity that my friend runs for veterans is really nice. It is Operation Float a Soldier (www.floatasoldier.org). My old buddy Wes Garnett and his friend Seth have ran this non profit at Canyon Lake since about 2005. Canyon Lake is a beautiful lake just north of San Antonio. Every 2 weeks they bus wounded vets up to the lake for food, fishing, wave runner riding etc which includes the veterans families as well. Since they are water/fishing related to help vets, which tons of returning disabled vets hit San Antonio medical, I thought you may want to know about them. Please check them out or anyone reading this check them out. They are really making a difference and that is what counts!! So check out that site as well.

I hope you get on the pro bass circuit you are wanting on. Thank you for your service to our country as well as the help you are providing wounded vets.

Thanks,
Gregg Glover, Texas Outdoors manager
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 05:33:59 PM by kilkenny » Logged

Pages: 1   Go Up
Print
Jump to: